Since 1947 till 2016 about 70 years had passed but still, we are talking about the electricity, road and water services in India which are really disheartening. But in this budget, our finance minister Shri Arun Jaitley has promised to electrify about to all village till 2018 is really appreciable. But it is great to see how they will do this about two years which has not happened in 70 years.
Apart from this there are many announcements for Rural focus in Union Budget India 2016:
- Rural electrification: 5542 villages in Feb 2016, more than total combined achievement of previous three years
- 100% rural electrification by May 1, 2018.
- Rs 60,000 crore for recharging of ground water recharging.
- Aim to double the income of farmers in 5 years and this help the living of people in rural areas.
- Rs 9000 crore allocated for Swachh Bharat as it is the most ambitious mission of PM. If it actually happens then it also leads to improving cleanliness, sanitation, and less illness.
- Massive mission to be launched to provide LPG connections to BPL households.
- A sum of 2.87 lakh crore will given as Grant in Aid to Gram Panchayats. Municipalities as per the 14th Finance Commission. The funds now allocated, translate to an average allocation of over 80 lakh per Gram Panchayat and over 21 crores per Urban Local Body.
- Digital literacy in rural India. However, the 16.8 crores, rural households as many as 12 crore households do not have computers are unlikely to have digitally literate persons. There is two program running for Digital literacy called National Digital Literacy Mission and Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (DISHA). Now plan to launch a new Digital Literacy Mission Scheme for rural India to cover around 6 crore additional households within the next 3 years.
- Digital literacy leads to promote Business in rural areas.
- FM Arun Jaitley announces Rs 87,765 crore for rural area development.